The principle? Register for a 10, 15 or 20h challenge, and cover the maximum number of kilometres in this time limit by walking, running or cycling and/or on a home trainer. The participants had 1 month to succeed in their challenge in as many outings as they wanted, in compliance with the health rules in force.
The idea was to bring together a large community of athletes at a time when gatherings are impossible. Separately but all together, the participants connected all over France - sometimes even across borders! - and surpassed themselves in order to save a child suffering from a heart defect.
All in all, 1,644 participants all over the world have challenged each other and together have travelled more than 145,207.45 kms at 22,920 hours !
Thanks to their energy, determination, and the sale of 300 cans in the colors of the challenge, + more than 15 000 € were collected and donated to Mécénat Chirurgie Cardiaque.
This very nice sum made it possible to finance the heart operation of Emmanuelle Christine, a 3-year-old Cameroonian girl who was suffering from a tetralogy of Fallot.
During their challenge, the Coureurs du Cœur received the support of Samantha Davies, the big-hearted sailor who defies the oceans to save children aboard the Heart Initiatives boat. Since the Vendée Globe race, she has sent a message of encouragement to all the participants.
Congratulations to all the finishers and to the 6 winners who covered the most kilometres in their category:
- 10h walk/run: Robin G. (141.68km)
- 15h walk/run: Christian J. (260.80km)
- 20h walk/run: Aurélien B. (277,22km)
- 10h bike/home trainer: Paul B. (372.94 km)
- 15h bike/home trainer: Grégory L. (522.95 km)
- 20h bike/home trainer: Nicolas C. (736,16 km)
This challenge got you more? You couldn't participate but you want to help the cardiac children of the world?
> Go out of your way to save other cardiac children of the world :
- Mobilize your employees around a solidarity challenge in your company!
More information by clicking here. here.
- Challenge yourself with a personal sports challenge (run the Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris or pedal during the Stage of the Tour de France to the benefit of Mécénat Chirurgie Cardiaque) !
Join the Coureurs du Coeur by clicking on the following link here.
This first edition of the Coureurs du Coeur Challenge was a real success and we don't intend to stop there... Stay connected!
Once again, a huge thank you to all the participants for their mobilization and energy and to Azur Sport Organisation for their support!